2016 Honda CRF 50F
New grips and tires. Looks and runs great.
Is Santa looking for the perfect gift?
The World's Best Beginner Bike.
How many thousands of beginners have had their first taste of motorcycling on a Honda 50? Hundreds of thousands, for sure. And it’s easy to understand why. The CRF50F offers up an unbeatable combination: Its tough, reliable engine develops smooth, easy-to-use power; three-speed transmission with automatic clutch; and tough suspension that stands up to youthful enthusiasm. And for adults, the CRF50F makes sense too: an adjustable throttle limiter lets you tailor the power to the appropriate skill level, and the proven reliability means more time riding and less time taken up by maintenance and repairs.
Honda Tough. Honda Smart: If there’s ever a bike that needs a durable, reliable, low-maintenance engine, it’s a bike like this. And nobody can match Honda’s reputation for trouble-free operation.
Stay In Control: Parents understand the needs of younger riders like nobody else. That’s why the CRF50F has a parent-friendly adjustable throttle limiter, so you can decide how much power your rider can use. It’s simple for you to adjust too.
Nothing’s Easier: The CRF50F’s automatic clutch makes learning easier, because young riders never have to worry about stalling or a handlebar-mounted clutch lever. They just shift gears with their toe when they’re ready.
- Durable, Low-Maintenance Engine: If there’s one thing you can count on with a Honda, it’s the engine. That cuts down on frustration and hassles.
- Automatic Clutch: There's no clutch lever for new riders to master, and that means no stalling. In addition, the smooth transmission offers three gear ratios. All you do is shift with your foot.
- Rugged Steel Frame: New riders are hard on equipment, especially when they’re just starting out. That’s why the CRF50F uses a strong steel frame that’s built to handle the bumps and dings of off-road riding.
- Keyed Ignition: A removable key helps ensure younger riders can’t ride without an adult’s supervision. Got their homework done early? Let’s go riding!
- Adjustable Throttle Limiter: Set the top speed by turning a screw. That helps keep new riders from going too fast, too soon, and lets you match the CRF50F's power output to the rider's skill level.
- Engine Type: 49cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 39.0 mm x 41.4 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; two-valve
- Induction: 13 mm piston-valve carburator
- Ignition: CD
- Transmission: Three-speed with automatic clutch
- Final Drive: #420 chain; 14T/37T
- Front Suspension: Inverted telescopic fork; 3.5-in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Single-shock; 2.8-in. travel
- Front Brake: Drum
- Rear Brake: Drum
- Front Tire: 2.50-10
- Rear Tire: 2.50-10
- Rake: 25.0 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 32.0 mm (1.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 36.0 in.
- Seat Height: 21.6 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.8 in.
- Curb Weight: 110 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 0.7 gal., including 0.2-gal. reserve
- Model Id: CRF50F
- Available Colors: Red
- Emissions: Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
- Duration: Six months transferable limited warranty; extended warranty available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- 49 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 39.0 mm x 41.4 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- 13 mm piston-valve carburator
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic fork; 3.5-in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Single-shock; 2.8-in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 110 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 0.7 gal., including 0.2-gal. reserve
- 36.0 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 5.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 21.6 in.
- 1.3 in. (32.0 mm)
- 25.0 deg.
- Three-speed with automatic clutch
- Final Drive
- #420 chain; 14T/37T
- Six months transferable limited warranty; extended warranty available with a Honda Protection Plan.