2016 Husqvarna Motorcycles 701 ENDURO
The Perfect Combination
With the ability to conquer urban environments and treacherous offroad terrain with equal composure, the 701 ENDURO reaches the next level of versatility. Bred from decades of enduro world championship-winning pedigree and mixed with over a century of motorcycle expertise, the 701 ENDURO combines high performance with typical Swedish functionality in a stylish and modern design.
- Engine: The single overhead cam, liquid cooled, single cylinder engine features the latest in design and electronic technology. An outstanding maximum power output of 49 kW (67 hp) at 7,000 rpm and torque of 67 Nm at 6,500 rpm leave the rider in no doubt of the performance packed inside this lightweight unit.
- Cylinder head: The compact design of the single overhead cam cylinder head features 40 mm steel intake valves weighing just 48 g thanks to their hollow stem design, and 34 mm exhaust valves weighing 46.5 g. Ignition is via a double spark plug layout, each of which has an individual ignition timing control for optimal fuel combustion in the large bore combustion chamber. Refined engine behaviour and optimum power delivery are the results.
- Ride-by-wire throttle: The Keihin electronic fuel injection system features a 46 mm throttle body with no mechanical linkage to the throttle grip. As the rider twists the throttle open or closed, the throttle valve is electronically controlled by the engine management system (EMS). The EMS continuously compares engine parameters with data from sensors, and adjusts the throttle valve accordingly, resulting in perfect power delivery and throttle response.
- Gearbox: A lightweight 6 speed gearbox with smooth and precise shifting gives riders perfect control and confidence even in extreme conditions.
- Wheels: Black DID rims made of high strength aluminium alloy and combined with silver nipples add an aggressive and modern look to the 701 Enduro. The offroad capabilities of the 701 Enduro are underlined by the size of the wheels: 21” at the front and 18” at the rear.
- Engine maps: Three engine maps are available and can be selected via a switch under the seat. Riders can choose between "Standard", "Soft" and "Advanced" engine setups according to the riding conditions.
- Brakes: The latest ABS technology from Bosch features an advanced setting for offroad conditions and is combined with high performance brakes from Brembo: a two piston floating calliper and disc at the front as well as a single piston calliper and disc at the rear (both floating wave discs, 300 and 240 mm diameter respectively). The perfectly placed controls allow for optimal feel and balance under all conditions.
- Slipper clutch: The APTC (Adler Power Torque Clutch) from Adler allows for greater speeds going into and coming out of corners by maximising rear wheel grip under hard acceleration as well as preventing rear wheel instability and chatter when braking hard into turns. The rider thus enjoys maximum control and perfect down-shifting.
- Frame: The lightweight trellis frame is made of high-grade chromium-molybdenum steel. It has been developed to ensure precise handling and instil complete confidence in the rider. Detailed feedback is transmitted to the rider thanks to precisely calculated torsional rigidity and longitudinal flex.
- Polyamide rear subframe and tank: The self-supporting rear subframe with integrated 13 litre fuel tank is perfectly positioned for the best possible weight distribution. Produced in a thermoplastic rotational moulding process, the single-piece construction weighs only 5.2 kg and is made of high-strength polyamide.
- Aluminium swingarm: Maximum precision and an extremely low weight of only 3.9 kg are guaranteed by eliminating welding in the single-component construction of the aluminium gravity die-cast swingarm.
- WP suspension (front): WP Performance Systems has developed a closed cartridge 4CS fork specifically for the 701 ENDURO. The four chamber fork has improved damping characteristics and is also lighter than a conventional upside-down fork. As with all 4CS forks by WP, the clicker settings can be easily and quickly adjusted via the dials on the top of the fork tubes.
- WP suspension (rear): The high performance rear shocks made by WP Performance Systems are completely adjustable for compression and rebound. Connected to a linkage system with offroad geometry, they permit 275 mm of rear wheel travel for unbeatable all-terrain capability.
- Bodywork: Innovative bodywork featuring a long seat that reaches over the radiator shrouds and includes functional ribbing to improve grip in all conditions. Tightly wrapped around the engine and frame, the 701's bodywork is ergonomically designed to connect the rider's body to the bike, ensuring perfect harmony between man and machine while allowing for total control in all riding situations.
- CNC-machined triple clamps: As on the other major components of the chassis, the anodised CNC-machined triple clamps have a precisely engineered flex designed to allow the fork tubes to flex under stress. This gives the rider more feeling under braking and on bumpy terrain.
- A2 licence compatible: With the specific A2 engine map that limits power to 30 kW, the 701 Enduro is suitable for A2 licence holders who aspire to become true world travellers.
- Magura hydraulic clutch: Light feel with perfect clutch modulation
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 690 cm³
- Bore: 102 mm
- Stroke: 84.5 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Primary drive: 36:79
- Secondary gear ratio: 15:45
- Clutch: APTC™ slipper clutch, hydraulically actuated
- EMS: Keihin EMS with RBW, twin ignition
- Frame design: Chrome-molybdenum steel tubular space frame, powder-coated
- Front suspension: WP USD Ø 48 mm 4CS closed cartridge
- Rear suspension: WP monoshock with Pro-Lever linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 275 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 185 mm
- Front brake: Brembo four-piston radial fixed caliper, brake disc
- Rear brake: Brembo single-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Front brake disc diameter: 300 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 240 mm
- Steering head angle: 63 deg.
- Wheelbase: 1504 ± 15 mm
- Ground clearance: 280 mm
- Seat height: 910 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 13.0 L
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 690 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 102 x 84.5 mm
- Keihin EMS with RBW, twin ignition
- Front Suspension
- WP USD Ø 48 mm 4CS closed cartridge
- Rear Suspension
- WP monoshock with Pro-Lever linkage
- Front Brakes
- Brembo four-piston radial fixed caliper, brake disc
- Rear Brakes
- Brembo single-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- 1504 ± 15 mm
- Seat Height
- 910 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 13.0 L